« back to Castaway Cay
I am a single dad with three boys 13,11,9 years old. We are thinking about doing the 4 night bahama on the Dream in October. Can you give me a ball park conservative amount of spending funds we would need for the four days. Also what type of clothes
- Asked by Samuel from FL on 9/23/2011
Ahoy, Samuel! I'm so happy to hear you are thinking of cruising with Disney! Your family will absolutely love sailing on the spectacular Disney Dream! Once you've paid the cruise fare in full, you've covered most of your onboard expenses. However, there are a few exceptions for which you might want to budget additional money. These are noted below:
- Alcoholic beverages, smoothies, specialty coffee drinks, and a few food room service items
- Dining at either Remy or Palo (be sure to make reservations in advance)
- Any treatments at the Senses Spa & Salon (pricing varies according to treatments)
- Port Adventures & Shore Excursions, which may be reserved and paid for prior to cruising
- Pre-packaged snacks at the Buena Vista Theatre and the Walt Disney Theatre
- Photos purchased from Shutters Photography Services
- Expenses incurred at the Arr-cade
- Internet Usage and Phone Calls
- Gratuities & Tips
- Hair Braiding
I personally budget anywhere between $500 to $1000 to cover the above expenses. However it will mostly depend on the activities your family will wish to experience during the cruise. Be sure to read the Packing Tips for a list of items to bring on your family's Bahamian Adventure!
Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you. Enjoy a most magical sailing with Disney Cruise Line! Bon Voyage!