« back to Larger Traveling Parties
My wife & I are taking our 4 year old daughter to WDW for 04/05-12th. We are traveling with some family and close friends that have never been to WDW. What are highlights ]u would suggest for both old and young? Its our 1st Anniversary too. Any thoug
- Asked by John from PA on 7/15/2008
Apologies for the delayed reply. After much consideration, and some procrastination, I've come up with some favorite highlights...
- Plan at least two days in the Magic Kingdom
- Make time for relaxing at the resort pool and taking afternoon breaks.
- Plan 2-3 character meals
- See Illuminations at Epcot
- Plan AT LEAST one adult (preferably "signature") dining experience. Kids are perfectly welcome, but if you like, consider leaving the kids with babysitter or at a kids club.
- Visit Epcot's World Showcase. The kids can do Kidcot (see www.stitchkingdom.com for great info), while the adults enjoy the shops and food/drink sampling.
- Try Toy Story Midway Mania in Hollywood Studios. It's a GREAT fun-for-the-entire-family attraction. Get FASTPASSes early in the day -- this is a VERY popular ride.
- Consider doing the Family Magic Tour at the Magic Kingdom.
- Prepurchase the PhotoPass (click HERE
). Cost is approx. $100 (as of July '08), and your entire group can consolidate all of their PhotoPass cards after your vacation into one account. This is a no brainer.
- Get a babysitter or use one of the resort kid clubs
- Pick up a pair of Anniversary buttons at Guest Services.
- Dinner during Magic Kingdom fireworks at either Narcoossee's or California Grill. Alternate ideas: an Illuminations cruise or watch the fireworks from the Polynesian Resort beach (free, and tres
- Consider eating lunch at the Coral Reef and pre-arrange a DiveQuest diver to swim by your table with a "Happy Anniversary" sign and/or pre-arrange a custom menu with photos and a note from you. Both of these are free services, but they are limited. Contact the Coral Reef via email (wdw.Epcot.firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Tell Debbi I sent you! ;-)