« back to Ritzy's bio page
Hi! My son (8) is allergic to peanuts and while Disney is great with allergies, we've been disappointed at his dessert options. Are there any TS or QS locations that offer desserts on their menu that are safe (not the prepackaged alternatives)? Thanks!!
- Asked by Marcy from PA on 12/9/2012
Watch the Related Video
Disney is absolutely fantastic accommodating Guests with Special Dietary Requests
, including those with a peanut allergy.
You don't happen to mention if you will be using the Disney Dining Plan. If you are, then his dessert choices, at Table Service Dining restaurants, will be listed in the Children's Menu. For example, take at look at California Grill's Kids Menu
Below you'll find a list of some favorite non-prepackaged peanut-free desserts my children have been able to enjoy at various Disney dining locations.
- Chocolate or No Sugar Added Mango Gelato at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café
- Seasonal No Sugar Added Sorbet at Tony's Town Square Restaurant
- Chocolate and Key Lime Mousse at Flame Tree Barbecue
- Safari S'Mores and Lime Scented Creme Brulee at Jiko - The Cooking Place
- Traditional Warm Apple Crisp and Milk Shakes at 50's Prime Time Café
- Grapefruit Cake at The Hollywood Brown Derby
- Green Tea Pudding at Tokyo Dining
- Isla Flotante (lime meringue) at San Angel Inn
- Empanada de Manzana at La Hacienda de San Angel
- The Royal Chef's Dessert Plate at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
I hope this helps you with those advanced dining reservations too. Keep in mind that no matter where you eat, you can always ask the server for safe dessert alternatives your son might be able to enjoy.
Wishing you all a most delectable culinary experience at the Walt Disney World Resort!