« back to Andi's bio page
We are looking to book our 2nd Disney Cruise, this time on the Fantasy October 2012. What is the earliest flight time you would recommend after disembarkation at Port Canaveral at Orlando Airport? Would we have time to get to the airport for a 12pm flight?
- Asked by Rebekah from NY on 12/4/2011
Welcome back, Rebekah!
Congratulations on considering another Disney Cruise -- the new Disney Fantasy
will debut this spring! I can't wait for my turn to sail on the newest addition to the Disney Cruise Line (DCL) fleet, and I know that you and yours are anxious to sail, too.
To ensure ample time for travel logistics, DCL recommends the following flight time guidelines:
- Latest Orlando International Airport (MCO) Flight Arrival on Embarkation Day — 1:45 p.m.
- Earliest Flight Departure from MCO on Debarkation Day — 12:30 p.m.
You probably would have time to make a 12 p.m. flight out of MCO, but you'll have to put some plans in place to make sure that you can get there on time:
- Alert Guest Services that you have an early flight and request early departure luggage tags (or bring your luggage with you on debarkation day).
- Arrange for private transportation from the cruise port terminal to the airport. You'll avoid having to wait for the motorcoach to fill before you leave and make multiple terminal stops at the airport.
- Take advantage of online check-in with your airline the night before you leave the ship. Depending on which airline, you can print your boarding passes from the ship and be ready to go when you arrive at the airport the next day.
I hope this helps you plan, and please let me know if you think of other questions for me before you sail. Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation. Bon voyage!