« back to Terry's bio page
Hi, We will celebrate my daughter's 6th bday on 12/27 at MGM. Dining at Cape May for brkst and Hollywood&Vine w/Fantasmic show for dinner. How can I make this a very special day or will this be plenty? Group includes 8 adults & 6 children. Thanks!
- Asked by Conswella from TX on 11/29/2012
Hi Conswella from the great state of Texas!
Well first, I couldn't think of a better place to be than Walt Disney World on your birthday, so you definitely get major applause off this alone :-) Plus, at 6 years old, being at Disney alone brings a level of extra magic (still does for someone like me, now in my late 30's).
Cape May to Hollywood & Vine, with a final celebration at Fantasmic! is a terrific lineup.
Some other things you may think of considering:
- At any of the Disney Parks (and also should be at the resorts), make sure you get her a free Happy Birthday pin at Guest Services. You can put her name on it, and the Cast Members immediately recognize these pins, as she gets extra "Happy Birthday's" given to her throughout the parks.
- At Cape May and Hollywood & Vine, make sure to tell your hostess (before being seated) that today is your daughter's birthday. Although not required, a number of restaurants have been known to do something a little extra for your princess such as a small dessert at the end of the meal, or maybe even confetti at the table.
- If you want to go all out, you can order a Specialty Cake and have it sent to to one of the table service restaurants. You can call 407-827-2253 for more details.
- At the World of Disney in Downtown Disney, they sell these large Mad Hatter Birthday Cake hats one can purchase. Another addition to making her day extra special as she wears this hat throughout Disney.
There are other Customizations
available as well to make her day that more memorable.
But you are certainly on the right track Mom!
Have a magical time!