« back to Raquel's bio page
What are some ideas to use in surprising young children(ages 5&7) with a trip to DisneyWorld?
- Asked by Claire from LA on 10/26/2013
I love surprising my children with a trip to Walt Disney World Resort! I have surprised my children a few times, and while some of the surprises have worked out perfectly, there was one occasion where my son's reaction was to notice the squirrels outside of the window. I remember myself, my husband and daughter repeating the surprise and he still looked out of the window and said, "Mommy, but it is a squirrel!" I actually loved his reaction because it was so genuine, and we still had a great time! Needless to say, it has not stopped me from surprising them, any chance I get.
Here are a few suggestions that you could consider:
- Pick the children up from school, and head straight to the airport and surprise them there.
- Tell them that you are going to an alternate location and stay there for one night, and the next day surprise them with the news. This could work if you need assistance with packing, because they would pack all the things they want, and you can pack the things they need for the trip.
- Create a scavenger hunt around your home with clues that lead them to the surprise.
- Create a calendar, and over the span of a few days give them daily little Disney trinkets and on the last day let them in on the surprise.
- Have a movie night with just your family and show a Disney themed movie such as The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, Cars or The Lion King and have little snacks that relate to the movie. This would work especially if you will be enjoying a stay at a resort such as Disney's Art of Animation Resort. At the end of the movie, give them the news.
There are so many things that you can do and no matter what you decided, you will create memories for your family that will last forever.
Please let us know if you need additional assistance.
Have a magical surprise!