« back to Joanne's bio page
Hi Moms! We are making our 2nd trip to DW in April, with DD 12 and busy DS 6! In the middle of our week we have a day we want to take it a little quieter - go to the pool, relax, & find something else fun to do. Staying at WL. Any ideas? Thanks!
- Asked by Robin from MI on 1/2/2014
Hi Robin! Thanks for the great question! I love that you're taking a day to enjoy your resort. To me that's an ideal vacation - there's so much to do at Disney World away from the parks! Wilderness Lodge
is an incredible resort. Here are a few ideas:
- Spend some time at the pool. Check out the daily board, as they offer fun activities for the kids.
- Rent a bike. Or even more fun, your family can rent a Surrey bike and ride all around your resort.
- Rent a boat and sail on the lake!
- Visit the nearby monorail resorts. Take the boat to the Contemporary Resort and check out all it has to offer. From there, hop on the monorail to the Polynesian and Grand Floridian Resorts. We love visiting the other resorts. and it's most helpful when planning your next vacation.
- Have dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. It's one of our must dos!
- In the evening, head next door to Fort Wilderness for Chip 'N Dale's Campfire Singalong and movie under the stars.
Hope this helps Robin! Write back with and other questions!