« back to Kathie's bio page
WHat are some healthy places to eat at each park?
- Asked by Jessica from TX on 1/6/2010
Each park has plentiful healthy options including at least one snack area that specializes in fruit & fresh options at every park. Every restaurant has at least a few healthy options on the menu.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Columbia Harbor House - Lighthouse sandwich with Hummus & Broccoli slaw, Vegetarian Chili
- An honorable mention goes to the Baked Potato stand in Liberty Square. It a great grab-and-go option, and it really warms you up on a chilly or rainy day!
- Toontown Farmers Market - tons of fresh fruit options: grapes, apples, fruit cups
- Harambe Fruit Market - Fresh Pineapple! YUM! Also, this is one of the many spots at Disney World where you can get a hot, soft Pretzel (pretzels are vegan too)
- Yak & Yeti - for an Asian style twist, try the House Stir Fried Vegetables and brown rice. If you enjoy fish, I've been told that the Seared Miso Salmon is incredible
- Sunshine Seasons - Tons of fresh options here. One of the easiest restaurants to pick a healthy option!
- Teppan Edo - If you like Hibachi style dining, you'll love this experience in Japan. A must-do for each of our trips, I especially enjoy the vegetables and udon noodles
- 50's Prime Time Cafe - Another of our favorite restaurants! The next time we go I can't wait to try the Roasted Pepper with whole grains & ratatouille
- Backlot Express - Roasted vegetable sandwich
Don't forget to ask about healthy/vegetarian options if the menu doesn't appeal to you. As a vegetarian who recently attended the Hoop Dee Doo Revue dinner show, I was worried about what I could eat. But, I didn't need to ! A chef gave me a choice of pasta or grilled vegetables. I chose the veggies and they were perfect, delicious, & plentiful.