« back to Kathie's bio page
What is your favorite deluxe resort. Thay is the only place we ever stay and we don't know where to stay this summer. thanks and have a magical day!!
- Asked by Jessica from TX on 1/6/2010
Its great to hear from you again!
We prefer to stay at Deluxe resorts as well, and particularly on Club Level if possible. With such a hectic life at home, its good to get away and feel really pampered!
Without a doubt, our family ranks the Wilderness Lodge as the #1 resort for us. This resort has so much going for it:
- the Magic Kingdom is just a boat ride away (as well as the Contemporary & Ft. Wilderness too!). Its super easy to enjoy our favorite park (daily) since its so close!
- the lobby and hidden relaxation areas around this resort are notch. The fireplace is scale-replica of the Grand Canyon. How cool is that !!
- three wonderful dining options, from the Roaring Fork quick serve, to the hoopla of Whispering Canyon, to the beautiful, gourmet Artists Point; the availability of Bunk Bed rooms is a real peace-keeper in our family, since the kids are old enough now where sharing a bed is a mortifying idea! And, I have to mention the pool! While it isn't huge, its still a favorite of ours!
- if you have an artistic side, the tours of the lodge are wonderful - currently you can learn about the history of the lodge and the totem poles which grace the lobby; there are always a variety of kids activities as well, things like cookie decorating, pool games, and a Hidden Mickey hunt which is available at the Front Desk
One other huge plus for the Wilderness Lodge is that it's one of the least expensive Deluxe resorts. This allows our family to upgrade many of our vacations to the Club Level floor, with private concierge, lounge & snack access, at a price that we can live with. This is an amenity that provides us with the ultimate in pampering, and we just couldn't budget for it with some of the other Deluxe resorts.
Have a great summer vacation!