« back to Allison's bio page
I will be coming to disney for the first time with my kids feb 28th to march 4th. I have a 4 year old girl and a 7 year old boy who like to do different things. What are the must-dos for each of them in each of the parks? I am struggling with a schedule.
- Asked by Beth from CT on 12/30/2013
How exciting for you and your family to be planning your first trip to the magic! I know planning can be overwhelming with the endless options and trying to decide what is best for your family. If you you plan to do those first or at the very least have them as a priority, everything else you get to is icing on the cake.
Here are my suggestions for attractions and shows for your kids in each park:
- Magic Kingdom - For your son: Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom (interactive experience through the park), Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Pirates of the Caribbean. For your daughter: Peter Pan's Flight, Mad Tea Party, Enchanted Tales with Bell, and Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid.
- Epcot - For your boy: Soarin', Spaceship Earth, and Imagework Labs (at the end of Journey into Imagination ride). For your girl: Journey into Imagination, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, and Turtle Talk with Crush.
- Animal Kingdom - Son might like: Kilimanjaro Safaris and Kali River Rapids. Daughter might like: It's Tough to be a Bug, and Finding Nemo - The Musical. They both would like doing the Wilderness Explorers (interactive scavenger hunt through the park) and Rafiki's Planet Watch.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios - For him: Star Tours and Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show. For her: Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage and the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. However, don't miss Toy Story Mania and Muppet*Vision 3-D for the entire family.
Again, these are just a drop in the bucket, but some of our faves. Have fun and remember to soak in the magic in even the small moments like eating a Mickey Bar, watching their eyes light up at fireworks, or simply holding your hand as you stroll down Main Street!
Have a pixie-dusted vacation. It will be here before you can say "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!"