« back to Allison's bio page
Hi - We are arriving in April to celebrate the end of chemo and radiation treatment. It has been a tough road and so we are really looking forward to our visit. Is there anything special you could recommend to help our family celebrate? Thank you.
- Asked by Diane from CA on 1/14/2014
Hi Diane ~
I completely understand your feelings of wanting to make your family's vacation special. An illness of one member of the family affects everyone and its great to celebrate the end of a tough road.
I think a nice meal is always a great way to celebrate and there are so many wonderful places to dine at Disney World. You could make reservations at the California Grill
at the Contemporary Resort to coincide with the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. Its an amazing view! 'Ohana
at the Polynesian Resort is another great choice.
In addition to a wonderful meal, here are some other special experiences that you may want to look into for your family:
* Go see the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
- this is a wonderful dinner show.
* Plan an evening aboard the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage
to watch the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom.
* Book a speciality cruise
to watch IllumiNations or Wishes.
* Go see a performance of Cirque du Soleil - La Nouba
at Downtown Disney.
* Depending on the ages of the members of your family, you could look at taking a tour
* Take a relaxing horse drawn carriage ride
Wishing you minnie magical memories :-) Allison V.