« back to Children 8-12
Hi, We will be aboard the Disney Dream for Halloween and i have 2 12 year olds will there be something halloween related do they need a costume?
- Asked by kelly on 8/17/2011
Watch the Related Video
Congratulations on your Halloween cruise aboard the Disney Dream -- that should be a spooktacular time to be on board! When you're on board, the Disney Dream will transform into a ghoulish wonderland filled with hair-raising events and activities. Guests of all ages will delight with special decorations, unique menu items in the restaurants and themed dance parties on deck.
Based on past celebrations on the other ships, here's what you might can expect for the treats awaiting you this Halloween:
• Trick-or-Treat Trail: Young guests are invited to participate in a trick-or-treat hunt exploring multiple decks of the ship and collecting candy from various stations.
• Haunted Parties: Families will gather at the Goofy Pool for a fun-filled Halloween costume party -- so you'll want to plan accordingly for all your gang! The Disney Characters will join in the fun, wearing special Halloween costumes just for the occasion. For adults, the nighttime entertainment district on the Disney ships becomes the ghoulish setting for a costume contest and party sure to bring chills to everyone.
• Spooky Movies: To get guests into the spirit of the season, Halloween-themed movies will be shown in the Buena Vista Theatre, on the Ariel Vision screen by the family pool and in guest staterooms.
• Ghoulish Delights: Disney Cruise Line chefs have conjured some very special treats for Halloween, including chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes and “Witch’s Brew.”
Hopefully, this will help you know what to pack and get you even more excited about your cruise. I've also included a video about the youth activities spaces aboard the Disney Dream which should give your tweens some insights into what to expect on board.
Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation. Bon voyage!