« back to Time of Year & Weather
Our last 2 visits to WDW were in Sept and rides/ restaurants were still quite busy. We are planning our next trip during spring break and I'm reading this is a peak season. Are crowds really that much worse? If so, any tips for the peak season?
- Asked by LAURA from GA on 9/21/2013
Always great to hEAR from a fellow Georgia Peach! I have visited Disney during all of the peak seasons. Is it crowded? Yes. Do we still have a great time despite the crowds? ABSOLUTELY!!
Spring break is a wonderful time of the year to visit. The flowers are in bloom and beautiful and the weather isn't too hot yet. Here are some things that I think would help you before and during your trip:
- Use the Disney Parks Moms Panel - we'll be here to help you with all of your questions.
- Make your hotel reservations as soon as possible to ensure you get what you want. This will also give you access to Extra Magic Hours that are only available to Guests staying at a WDW Resort.
- Plan ahead and make your Advanced Dining Reservations (ADRs) 180 days prior to your trip.
- Arrive at the theme park gates early or as soon as you can after opening.
- Take advantage of Disney's complimentary Fastpass+ service which should be available before your trip.
- Select your 3 "must dos" in the parks you're visiting and do those first.
- Unless you have ADRs, plan to eat lunch and dinner earlier than usual. This will help you avoid some of the crowds.
- Bring your own water and snacks to avoid waiting in line for them.
- Plan a resort day to relax by your pool and take advantage of the amenities your resort has to offer. Its nice to take a break from the crowds at the parks. Let me know if you needs some ideas outside the parks.
- Remember to relax. Disney takes care of every detail in the parks so take the time to pay attention to them.
Please feel free to visit with any other questions. It is truly our pleasure to assist you!
Wishing you minnie magical memories :-) Allison V.