« back to Florida Resident
I own a home in Florida so I would be able to get the Florida residency discount but my husbands name is not on any of the paperwork for the house.His ID is all Wisconsin.Would he still be able to get the discount because we are married?How about my 4yo.
- Asked by kelly from WI on 9/26/2013
Hi there, Kelly!
Your situation might be a little tricky due to the proof of residency requirements. Here is the official info:
Proof of a Florida residential address is required. For each adult ticket purchased, you may provide any of the following:
- Valid Florida driver's license
- Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
- Valid Florida-based military ID
The persons who will use the Florida Resident adult tickets must be present at the time of ticket pick up. If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each adult ticket purchased you must provide one of the following dated within the last two months and evidencing a Florida residential address together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):
- Monthly mortgage statement
- Florida vehicle registration or title
- Homeowner's insurance policy or bill
- Automobile insurance policy or bill
- Utility bill
- Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement
- Mail from a Federal, State, County or City government agency
- Bills can be no more than two (2) months old. PO Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency. Current bills printed from electronic versions are acceptable, though photocopies and fax copies are not.
It doesn't sound to me like your husband will be able to satisfy the requirement since his information is all WI. If you can provide one item from the 2nd list above along with your picture ID, you shouldn't have any problem taking advantage of the Florida Resident discounts for yourself and your son.
Please let us know if we can help with any further questions and have a Pixie Dusted day!