« back to Toddlers & Infants
We planned our Disney vacation before we found out that we were pregnant, we have 2 boys 5&4 one with special needs, we are thinking of postponing for a month after baby is born but we made a promise to the boys how do we do Disney with a 1 month baby?
- Asked by Karen from NC on 11/11/2013
Welcome to the Disney Parks Moms Panel Karen ~
Congratulations on the news of your upcoming addition to your family! I have been taking my boys to Disney World since they were born so let me assure you - you can do Disney with a baby. I think that if you go as prepared as possible & in the right mindset, you can have a great time.
Here are some things I've found helpful when traveling to Disney with infants:
* Take advantage of the Baby Care Centers
located in all 4 theme parks.
* Your baby can ride any of the attractions with no height requirements. For those attractions with height requirements, you can use the Rider Switch
* Be sure to give him/her breaks from their stroller.
* Try (it may be hard) to stick to nap times.
* Keep your baby fed and well hydrated.
* I answered a question for another Guest with some tips on strollers
that you may also find helpful.
* If you're flying, ship bulky items to your resort ahead of time to save room in your luggage.
* Bringing another adult along for an extra set of hands can help.
* If you see that your baby has had enough for the day, pack it up and head back to your resort. You may not get to do everything on your trip, but you will enjoy everything you do.
Please feel free to visit again with all of your questions. We're thrilled to assist you.
Wishing you minnie magical memories :-) Allison V.