« back to Signature Dining
I am looking for romantic ideas for me & my husband for our September visit to Disney World. Where is the best place to dine & maybe even ideas for a romantic "adventure" while we have one night to ourselves without the kiddos!
- Asked by Alexandra from GA on 12/6/2013
Thanks for stopping by with your question. While Walt Disney World is full of child-like fun, there are so many ways to have a romantic time, too. My husband and I honeymooned at Disney and whenever we get an opportunity for a nice kid-free dinner there, we jump at the chance. I have several suggestions of romantic dining and one fun option for an "adventure".
My top choices for romantic dining are:
- Narcoosee's at Disney's Grand Floridian - this waterfront restaurant has a panoramic view of the Seven Seas Lagoon and is a great place to watch the Electrical Water Pagaent.
- Jiko - The Cooking Place at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - treat yourselves to the unique tastes of Africa. This dining spot is also home to one of the largest selections of South African wines in the United States.
- Monsieur Paul in Epcot's France Pavilion- this newly renovated restaurant is very quiet (despite the hustle and bustle of Epcot's World Showcase below). The food and service are top-notch and if you are lucky the timing of your reservation, there are some window tables with a great view of Illuminations.
- The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe in Downtown Disney - the elegant dining room and delicious cuisine are definitely worth a try.
Now, for my suggestion on a fun couples adventure! Also in Downtown Disney is Characters in Flight. This tethered balloon flies 400 feet in the air with spectacular views over the the lights and sounds of Downtown Disney. Tickets are required and are sold nearby. This attraction is weather-permitting, so please keep this in mind. The last "flight" is typically around midnight, but keep in mind that hours of operation could change without notice.
I hope you enjoy your magical evening together. Have fun!