« back to Tours
Considering surprising my parents with a Backstage Safari Tour . What's it like? Do you get to touch any animals?
- Asked by Sarah from BC on 1/8/2014
The Backstage Safari Tour
is a behind the scenes look at where and how the animals are cared for. During the tour you will be able to:
- Visit the Animal Nutrition Center and see how the food is prepared for the animals.
- Go behind the scenes and see the animal housing area
- Tour the veterinary hospital
- Visit the Animal Programs Administrative building
- Enjoy refreshments and collect a memorable keepsake
After the tour, you will then get to enjoy an animal expedition on the Kilimanjaro Safaris. Because the animals are free roaming, each safari ride is different.
This is a tour of the backstage facilities, animal viewing is extremely limited. There may be opportunity for animal interaction but it is not guaranteed.
I would say if you are looking for animal interaction, such as touching, this probably is not the tour to book for your parents. You can find a list of tours on the events and tours section of the Walt Disney World website.
- View more answers about Tours