« back to Budget Travel
I stay in Uganda and my two daughters would love to visit Disney world. however am not well off to afford the trip. my resolution for this year is to save as much as I can for this trip and I would like to know if I can get some affordable accommodation
- Asked by Liliane on 1/21/2014
Thank you for sending us a question all the way from Uganda! Although we don't live as far away from Walt Disney World as you do, we always budget for our next trip to the most magical place on Earth. Here are some tips for budgeting for your trip, and getting affordable accommodations:
- Set your vacation dates. This may seem simple, but it will be important when finding deals on flights and Resort reservations. Strive to book your trip during the off seasons, which tend to be autumn and late winter months in the US. If you don't mind heat, August is also a great time to visit on a budget.
- Take advantage of Walt Disney World packages. The Disney Dining Plan, Memory Maker, and other great packages can save you money in the long run. Sometimes, there are deals for these packages, but make sure they are valid for international Guests.
- Disney Value Resort Hotels. We absolutely love that we can stay at an official Walt Disney World Resort, with great accommodations, and stay on budget.
- Pay down your trip, bit by bit. 1 of my favorite amenities for booking a Walt Disney World vacation is that we can pay it off in installments if we choose to. I log into My Disney Experience once a month and make a payment towards our vacation. By the time the final payment is due, we have most of our trip paid for.
- Follow the Disney Parks social channels. The Walt Disney World Facebook page and Twitter handle release great information about upcoming events, attractions and special offers. I love to read the Disney Parks Blog for great up-to-date information and awesome articles about what's going on in the Parks.
I hope this answered your question, Liliane. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask us at any time.
Have a fantastical Disney day!