« back to Pin Trading
How does pin trading work? We bought a few off eBay to get us started. Thx! My DS9 is so excited about this!
- Asked by Danelle on 5/15/2013
Pin trading is a great way to interact with other guests and cast members. The best way for him to start is to have all his pins on a lanyard around his neck, showing off his collection! Once that is done, I suggest you have him approach a cast member who has a lanyard with several pins on it. They are there to trade, so he can start to offer swaps. He has to be ready to give some pins up for the ones he wants to get. But it really is fun. A few other pointers;
- If he really wants to keep the ones he already has, have him buy a starter set in your resort gift shop or in one of the park stores.
- Have him consider a strategy of what he wants to collect. Perhaps he has a favorite character that he wants to gather in different pin art? Or maybe he wants to get a complete set related to a series of characters tied to a movie or attraction. Really it is for whatever he wants to do.
- Not all guests want to trade with other guests, but for the most part people who have the lanyards on are going to be open to discussion. And if your son wants to stop for a while, have him take his lanyard off so that people won't ask.
- At Downtown Disney there is a VERY BIG store, Disney Pin Traders, where he can browse literally thousands of pins. If he gets into it, this can be a great destination.
Pin trading is a really great way to experience Walt Disney World from a different perspective. Have fun!
Have a magical vacation!