« back to Pin Trading
Planning our 6th trip to WDW in Oct. DS 7 has expressed interest in pin trading...which we have never done. Can you give any suggestions on how to get started and any tips? Thank you!
- Asked by Alissa on 4/4/2013
Watch the Related Video
My kids love Pin Trading! It's so much fun to get to chat with Cast Members while picking out a new souvenier!
- Purchase a starter kit before you leave home. It's a great gift to give on the plane or in the car to keep your kids busy!
- If you Ebay, consider purchasing some pins there that can be used as "traders" - ones you don't really care to keep. I usually try to pick up 10 pins to distribute between my kids. Just be sure to purchase ones that say "Disney" on the back and are offiicial pins. These are the only type you can trade.
- Cast Members with a green lanyard only trade with kids!
- Consider purchasing a pin book - keep your special pins in there back in the room. The lanyards can get heavy and sometimes pins can fall off... Having a pin book will help reduce the weight and the loss!
- If you come across a pin that is "backwards" on a Cast Member's lanyard, that is a mystery pin! You can't see it before you trade for it so its a gamble!
- And, last but not least, locking pin backs can be a pin-saver if your child REALLY wants to carry around a special pin. These are sold in small packages at all pin shops.
Hope some of these tips help! The most important tip is to HAVE FUN!