« back to Birthdays
We have 3 daughters, ages 3 /12, 10 and 12. We will be celebrating our youngest 4th birthday at Disney the week of Thanksgiving. Any suggestions(advice) for me to make this a memorial trip for all considering the age differences ? Thanks
- Asked by L Meshelle from TN on 10/29/2013
Watch the Related Video
A trip to Disney is always a great way to celebrate! Be sure to pick up a birthday pin for your little one to wear. As far as making it a memorable trip for everyone, I think you'll have a great time, even with the age differences. Rider Switch passes allow you and your older girls the opportunity to experience some of the attractions with height requirements while someone stays with the birthday girl.
There are several ways to celebrate. Thanksgiving is a busy time, so I don't know how many of these experiences are already full, but it's worth a shot to find out.
- Get your youngest a princess makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, or get a mermaid or pirate makeover at Pirates League. If there are no appointments available, let her get her face painted at one of the many booths throughout Walt Disney World. They do a beautiful job.
- Take a pirate cruise. Pirates and Pals Cruise is fun for the whole family. You'll sail around Seven Seas Lagoon with your pirate guide, get an amazing view of the fireworks, and meet some characters as well.
- Have a character meal. Princess dining at Akershus is always popular, but there are other great character dining experiences. Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh, 1900 Park Fare, and Garden Grill are some of my favorites.
- Order a cake. Without any notice at all, you can show up at most table service restaurants and purchase a small (6") cake to be sent to the table. By calling (407)827-2253 with just 48 hours notice you can get a customized creation.
- Disney's Family Magic Tour is fun for the whole family. Take a guided scavenger hunt and collect clues; you never know who you might meet. For more information call (407)939-8687
Hope this helps. These are just some of the many special experiences your family can share together. Have a magical vacation!