« back to Parades & Special Events
We will be visiting Disney World later this month and noticed Celebrate a Dream parade is no longer listed. No mention of Festival of Fantasy yet though. Is there not an afternoon parade at MK right now? Just the Move It Shake It Street Party?
- Asked by Amanda from SC on 1/9/2014
You are correct, as of January 4, 2014, the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade has taken its final run as the afternoon parade. There has not been an official date announced for the debut of the Disney Festival of Fantasy parade. However, that doesn't mean you can't still enjoy other entertainment throughout the day at Magic Kingdom. Here are some other options to look for:
- The Main Street Trolley Show is pure nostalgic fun as the "Citizens of Main Street" sing and dance around their trolley along Main Street at select times during the day.
- As you mentioned, the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party is still bringing the fun and dance moves to Main Street and Cinderella Castle.
- Dream Along with Mickey is a fantastic stage show right in front of Cinderella's Castle. This show is full of your favorite Disney characters with music, dancing and maybe even a firework or two!
- Dapper Dans are a classic form of entertainment along Main Street. This barbershop quartet sing old-fashioned favorites a cappella while capturing the hearts of many guests along the way.
- Casey's Corner Pianist plays classic tunes and even takes requests!
So as you can see, there are lots of entertainment to enjoy on Main Street. Many of these shows or entertainers are available multiple times, so be sure to check a times guide to get specific showtimes and locations.