« back to First Aid & Wellness
My five year old son has epilepsy. What do I need to know and how do I need to prepare for our visit to Disneyworld in July.
- Asked by Victoria on 6/26/2013
I'm so excited to hear that you'll be visiting Walt Disney World! I have several family members that have epilepsy, so I'll make several suggestions.
1. Make sure you have your son's medications on hand at all times. Make sure to pack extra doses as well.
2. If he doesn't have one, I'd make sure you get him a medical alert bracelet alerting others to his condition.
3. Try to keep him on a schedule that's as close as possible to his schedule at home.
4. Don't overdo it. Take it easy, and take breaks when he needs it.
5. Make sure he drinks plenty of water.
6. If his condition is aggravated by 3-D films, make sure that you avoid those particular attractions (Mickey's PhilharMagic, It's Tough to be a Bug, and Muppet*Vision 3D, and Star Tours)
7. Have FUN!
If you need any assistance once you arrive, please let a Cast Member know. Also be familiar with the locations of First Aid. They are located in each park, and are happy to help if you need anything.
Have a magical vacation!