« back to Children 3-7
Hi Andi! Thanks to your great advice we are taking our 5 children on the Dream in May. You have told me about fish extenders, but are there any other must-know things you can tell me to make the kid's first cruise extra-special? Also, my twins will celeb
- Asked by Kris from AL on 10/20/2010
Hi, Kris! I'm almost as excited about your vacation aboard The Dream as you are! Usually, Moms Panelist Karen answers guests' questions about Disney Cruise Lines (DCL). Yet, since you and I have asked/answered questions back and forth about your vacation, I don't think she'll mind!
For others who may not know, Fish Extenders (FE) are like vertical hanging pockets -- one pocket for each child/family member in your stateroom. A FE hangs from the metal fish located beside each stateroom, and some repeat cruisers (Castaway Club Members) or readers of www.disboards.com know about the meet ups and small surprises associated with this fun cruising activity.
- Sign up your children online for programs so that they're ready once on board.
- Get to the terminal early on the day you embark and pack a day bag as your carry on.
- Bring a plain pillowcase or tee per child to give to Guest Services (with a Sharpie) on the first day. You can designate which characters you would like to sign each child's memento.
- At dinner, order the children's meals during your appetizers so that you can check them into the Oceaneer Club/Lab while you enjoy your main course and dessert alone.
- Decorate your stateroom door(s) with magnets and include a message board for family members.
- Give the kids cameras to take photos during kids' programs or at the Oceaneer Lab/Club.
- Let the kids call for room service since it's included -- they'll love ordering!
- Remember your pirate attire for the party!
- Pack a hanging (clear) shoe organizer to keep everyone's toiletries separate and organized and store luggage under your bed.
- Read your Personal Navigator so that you don't miss a thing!
I hope this helps you plan! Let me know if you have more questions. Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation!