« back to Share your Experience
Hi Moms! Arriving @ WDW on 1/3/12, staying @ AS Music. My wife wants to do a ride along at the RP Driving Experience. What's the best way to get to the track? We will have our own vehicle. Thanks.
- Asked by Michael from TN on 10/19/2011
Hi, Mike! The Richard Petty Driving Experience rocks! I did it with Disney Moms Kay and Kaylene. We were a hoot in our racing gear. I was initially pathetic behind the wheel (seeing as I had never driven stick before,) but I got that NASCAR-style stock car going and was doing 115+ mph around the track after a few embarrassing stalls in no time.
Since you'll have your own car, here's how to get there (it's super easy, and that's coming from the guy who couldn't drive stick, mind you!)
Directions from DrivePetty.com:
- Proceed toward the Magic Kingdom.
- The Speedway will be on the left just beyond the Magic Kingdom parking lot toll plaza. Let the attendant know that you are heading to the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Once through the toll booth, follow the road to the left. You will begin to see signs to the Richard Petty Driving Experience. Continue to drive around the outside of the speedway. To the left you will see a white security station and tunnel entrance.
- Proceed through the tunnel to the infield and park in the designated area.
- Arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to your experience and have your waivers and participant forms filled out completely, as well as your driver’s license.