« back to Park Tips
Hello,My daughters are not into rides.Happily,we discovered things such as the candy maker(Japan,Epcot),gnome-spotting(Norway,Epcot)and the scavenger hunt to become a junior paleontogist(Animal Kingdom).How could we find more similar activities?
- Asked by Diana from NJ on 7/10/2008
I'm so excited by your question, since you and your daughters really seem to understand the Magic that Disney offers. The more I visit WDW, the more I appreciate all of "the other stuff" at WDW. :-)
Although I have many ideas to answer your question, I was a little worried that I might miss something. However, as I thought about it more, I realize that part of the fun is figuring out some of this for yourself. So, now I HOPE that I miss a few things. ;-)
My ideas of other fun non-attraction things to do at WDW:
- Search for Hidden Mickeys. Even better... take photos of them and submit them after your trip to Steven Barrett's site www.hiddenmickeysguide.com so you can become famous! I'm proud to have a few photos on his site (still waiting for the fame!). You can also purchase Steven's guidebook to Hidden Mickeys at most bookstores, and at many gift shops at WDW.
- Trade pins with Cast Members. See Disney's official web site on pin trading HERE
for more info.
- Visit the "Kidcot" stations throughout Epcot, and the "Discovery Kids Club" stations at Animal Kingdom . There's great info about these activities at www.stitchkingdom.com.
- Visit Steve Soares web site to get other detailed info about scheduled events at each of the parks. Simply click a link to any park at the top of his web site (http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/). This includes other fun hidden gem experiences like "Push the talking trash can" at the Magic Kingdom, "DiVine" at the Animal Kingdom, and "Miyuki" the candy maker at Epcot's World Showcase.