« back to Pin Trading
Do cast members have to trade their pins if your ask them? Are they allowed to say no? Thanks for your help!!!
- Asked by Janine from MA on 7/13/2008
The short answer is "yes" they have to trade with you.
However, there are some other rules to keep in mind relating to your question:
- If the Cast Member has a green/teal lanyard, they will only trade with kids (age 3-12). Note: Most Cast Members have a blue (or other non-green) lanyard.
- You can't trade a pin that the Cast Member already has on their lanyard
- Your pin must be a metal Disney pin with a Disney trademark on the back
- You can only trade two pins per day with the same Cast Member
- Try to refrain from touching the Cast Member's pins or lanyard (common courtesy)
- In addition to the 12 pins on Cast Member lanyards, some Cast Members may wear a "Showcase" pin. These "Showcase" pins are for demonstration only and are not available for trade.
I hope this doesn't sound complicated. Pin trading is really very simple, and I think you will find that Cast Members love to trade pins with everyone. I also find that pin trading is a great activity for relatively timid kids, as it encourages them to talk with the Cast Members -- which can really add a lot of Magic to their (and your) vacation!!!
You can also get more information about Disney pin trading if you click HERE
to visit Disney's official pin trading web site.