« back to Teens
Hi, Andi!! Need some advice on the best way to spend three full days at Disney. My kids are soon to be 14, 16, and 19. How do we keep everyone happy????? Thanks!
- Asked by Rebekah from AL on 2/9/2010
Hey, Rebekah! Traveling with teenagers has unique challenges but rewards as well. First, ask your teens what they would like to specifically see and do. Make them a part of the planning process, and help them come up with a daily plan for the family. WDW is a great place for little ones, but rarely do families realize the wonderful playground it can be for a family with teens, too. I would recommend picking your two favorite parks to fully explore in two days and spending a third day on something out of the ordinary. Here are a few ideas:
- Since teens palates have matured, try a dining experience you would've avoided when they were little such as The California Grill, Jiko, Citrico's, The Hollywood Brown Derby or one of the table service restaurants at the countries' Epcot pavilions. (If your student happens to be taking a related course, ask the teacher/professor if there is a way to tie in your Epcot experience with a graded or extra credit opportunity.)
- Consider a recreation experience such as Sea Raycers, a pontoon boat, golf, tennis or miniature golf...our family likes a little friendly competition on vacation, too!
- Also, the water parks (Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon) are great places for teens to "see and be seen," and it may give you some needed rest as they challenge each other on the more daring slides.
- Downtown Disney is a fun place for the whole family and a "happening" place for teens. Take in a movie, explore Disney Quest (an indoor interactive theme park) or get tickets to La Nouba.
- Lastly, don't underestimate the draw of the Disney resort pools. Our favorite is Stormalong Bay at the Yacht & Beach Club.
My teens will tell you that their favorite parks (in order) are still
: MK, DHS, AK & Epcot. Best wishes as you make the best plans for your
unique experience, and thanks for visiting me at the Mom's Panel. Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation!