« back to Time of Year & Weather
I would like to know the peek times and the slow times at Walt Disney World?
- Asked by Karlie from LA on 6/3/2009
Welcome to the Moms Panel! I am an off-peak traveler, and highly recommend it to anyone! The actual dates in regards to the rates vary a little bit each year, but you could use the following as a general guideline:
The "peak" times at Walt Disney World based on crowd levels:
- December 24 through the first of the year - This is the busiest time of the year.
- Mid February through Mid April - It's spring break season for schools.
- U.S.Thanksgiving Week in November.
- Summer - End of June through beginning of August.
- Long holiday weekends - Such as Presidents Day, Columbus Day, Labor Day.
The "off-peak" times at Walt Disney World based on crowd levels:
- January - Just after the new year
- September - once the kids are back in school the crowd levels drop significantly.
- December - The first couple of weeks have always been considered "off peak" however this time of year has increasingly become more popular.
- Early May - The Flower and Garden Festival is during this time, so popularity is increasing.
Keep in mind that often during "off-peak" times other events are scheduled such as cheerleader competitions, festivals and conventions. These things can affect the crowd levels even in "off-peak" season.
Hope this helps, happy planning!