« back to Castaway Cay
We are sailing Feb 2012 1st cruise. Just wondering if everything in Castaway Cay is included or is there a charge for floatation and snorkling devices? Also is the meal on the island included? This is a grad gift for my oldest and she wants to snorkle.
- Asked by tracy on 5/8/2011
Congratulations on your cruise next year aboard Disney Cruise Line (DCL)! Castaway Cay has been consistently ranked as the most popular port of call by DCL guests -- it's the perfect combination of relaxing, pampering and adventure.
Most everything on the island is covered in your cruise fare including:
- Castaway Family Beach (for families) and Serenity Bay Beach (for adults) -- beach chairs, hammocks, etc.
- 2 Water Play Areas -- Pelican Plunge and Spring-a-Leak
- The Hide Out, a teens-only activity area on the beach
- Complimentary childcare at Scuttle's Cove, an expansive child's area supervised by Disney counselors
- Disney Character Greetings, including a Dance Party with Lilo and Stitch
- Cookie's BBQ and Cookie's, Too -- delightful outdoor restaurants are only steps from the Castaway Family Beach and dish up all-you-care-to eat burgers, BBQ chicken and ribs, grilled island style!
Some things you may want/need to consider for purchase (with your stateroom key) are:
- Floats and inner tubes
- Snorkeling equipment
- Port Adventures
- Alcoholic beverages or specialty drinks
- Private Cabanas (booked in advance)
- Massages in open-air cabanas (booked in advance through the spa)
I hope that helps you plan. Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation. Bon voyage!