« back to Budget Travel
What are the biggest differences between the value and deluxe resorts? We have 6 year-old twins and don't see huge advantages to staying at a deluxe resort with them.
- Asked by shaun from CO on 3/18/2009
Hi Shaun - that is a great question. In my opinion, while the deluxe resorts do offer more, depending upon your vacation plans, it may not be worth the extra money to pay for them. Here's some of the main differences:
- Deluxe resorts are hotel-style, and you enter the room from an indoor hallway. Moderate and value resorts are motel-style, and the entrance to your room is outdoors.
- Deluxe resorts often have special amenities, such as a spa, gym, and nicer pool areas.
- Many of the deluxe resorts are closer to the theme parks.
- Deluxe resorts are usually smaller than value resorts, so there may be less people on the buses and in the food courts
- Deluxe resort rooms are slightly larger and have refrigerators, coffee machines, and higher quality toiletries.
- Deluxe resorts have table service restaurants, while the value resorts do not.
- The grounds and the themes of the deluxe resorts are generally nicer.
All of the Disney properties offer the same basic benefits, such as the Disney transportation, free Magical Express service, and extra magic hours.
I hope that helps you make your decision!