« back to the home page
We will be at WDW from December 8-13. We are wondering what the weather will be like and what to pack?! Also what are some the best decorations/events to see as this is our first trip to see Disney during the holiday season?
- Asked by Laura from OH on 11/10/2013
December is one of my favorite times of the year at Disney! You're going
to love the (typically) great weather and lower than usual crowds
during the week you've chosen.
Weather can be
unpredictable in Florida during December. Sometimes it can be somewhat chilly in the
evenings, but I've found that I love to visit during this time.
Days are usually warm enough to swim, but the high temperatures of the
summer are long past. I do always pack a light sweater or jacket for the
evenings, but I am almost always chilly - even when others aren't! Of course, being the over-planner that I am, I do usually pick up a
disposable rain poncho or two to throw into my travel bag. It never
hurts to be prepared!
Here are some not-to-be-missed holiday decoration highlights:
- The Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios is
#1 on my must do list! These lights are incredible. I think this must be
the most lights I've ever seen in a single place, at one time! And,
just to top off the Magic, they even perform a light show in unison to
the holiday music!
- At the Grand Floridian, the life-size gingerbread house reminds
me of an old-time Christmas! Be sure to grab a chocolate-dipped shingle
for a snack!
- The Wilderness Lodge is spectacularly decorated with a nearly 4-story Christmas tree that even contains teepees and antlers!
- And, of course, a perfect ending to any evening is a showing of Illuminations at Epcot which features a special holiday ending!
Hope you have a great trip AND great weather too!