« back to the home page
We are coming Dec 6,, staying at Music. No parks so no DDP We plan to spend Sat resort hopping to look at Xmas decorations since I did not make ADR and we don't know times we will be at different resorts any ideas for QS visiting MK loop,Epcot resorts
- Asked by Deborah from FL on 9/29/2013
One of my favorite December activities is touring the Disney resorts to take in the Christmas decor. Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Boardwalk are especially high on my list.
Don't worry that you haven't made dining reservations. You have plenty of good quick service options in both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot resort areas.
My top suggestions near Magic Kingdom:
- Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Capt. Cook's at the Polynesian for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Bonus: They serve Dole Whip!
- The temporary Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian for dessert or a snack.
- The Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge for drinks and light fare, such as meat and cheese plates, flatbreads and homemade chips. The lounge usually opens around 4:30 p.m.
- The Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian also serves appetizers, including delicious honey-glazed chicken wings.
In the Epcot area, you have lots of great choices. At Boardwalk, you can get treats from the Boardwalk Bakery or a slice from the Pizza Window. Both the Big River Grille & Brewing Works and the ESPN Club are table service, but often do not require reservations, especially at lunch.
At the Beach Club, check out Beaches & Cream Soda Shop for burgers, sandwiches and, of course, ice cream. And later in the day, I recommend the Crew's Cup Lounge adjacent to the Yachtsman Steakhouse, which serves appetizers and some substantial entrees.
I hope those ideas help. Enjoy!